Things to do in SedonaClose to boutique shopping, great family-friendly eateries and restaurants showcasing live local entertainment, Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona hotel is the perfect place to call home during your stay in Arizona. Our helpful concierge service can help you design your ideal stay experience, assisting with everything from ideas on things to see in Sedona to helping arrange guided adventure tours with trusted local companies. Book your stay today and start planning your Sedona retreat!
Our lovely Sedona hotel is ideally located on a hilltop just off Highway 89A. Less than 10 minutes from the Sedona Airport and within walking distance to several restaurants, Best Western Plus Inn of Sedona is adjacent to the popular Agave of Sedona Wedding and Event Center and five-minute drive from fabulous shopping at Hillside Sedona and Tlaquepaque.
Attractions in Sedona
Our knowledgeable Sedona hotel staff have a few fantastic ideas on what to do in Sedona AZ during your stay, including guided adventures with Pink Jeep Tours or Sedona ATV rentals, riding the rails on the Verde Canyon Railway, or going on a African safari right here in Arizona at Out of Africa Wildlife Park. But If adventuring isn't quite your thing, here are a few more suggestions that involve less action, and a lot more relaxation:
Shopping: Uptown Sedona
Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village: About a five-minute drive from the hotel, this culturally rich red-clay arts and crafts oasis on the banks of the Oak Creek offers a unique shopping experience with 45 speciality stores.
Hillside Sedona:Charming speciality shops and unique boutiques personify this whimsical outdoor shopping center, featuring lovely gardens, sculptures and water features, fabulous eateries and one-of-a-kind local stores for everything from fashion to home dÃ©cor.
The Shops at Pinion Pointe:This shopping plaza boasts great views, and a host of specialty shops, art galleries, coffee houses and more.
Mexidona Fine Handcrafted Imports:From rustic to refined and everything in between, this charming shop offers up find one-of-a-kind treasures sourced from remote villages in Mexico.
Judi's Restaurant & Lounge: A five-minute walk from our hotel, Judi's is a hometown favourite with delicious plates, a great wine list and mouth-watering desserts.
Barking Frog Grille: Unique Southwestern fare paired with a good wine and beer selection. Probably the only place you'll find Nopales Cactus fries and Agave-Chili frog legs on the menu.
Olde Sedona Family Restaurant Bar & Grill: Great patio, happy hour and live entertainment most nights - what's not to like ?.
Sound Bites Grill: Located at The Shops at Pinion Pointe, Sound Bite offers amazing patio views, extended happy hours, a delicious steak and seafood menu and live entertainment.
Javelina Cantina: Fun and family-friendly, you'll find all the amazing flavors of Mexico at this lively casual eatery.
Mariposa: A Latin inspired restaurant with stunning views of the red rocks - check out our picture featured on this page!
Take a long desert walk or a short jaunt - with nearly 150 trail heads to choose from, you can do as much or as little walking as you want. The Red Rock State Park is a popular hiking spot thanks to the educational visitor's center and a five-mile network of trails. The Coconino National Forest is another favorite, featuring the Honanki and Palatki Heritage Sites. For full hiking trail maps and details on the Coconino National Forest, click here. Don't forget to pack plenty of water, your camera and some sunscreen, no matter how short the hike.
Events in SedonaThere are countless exciting Sedona events and festivals happening year-round, including:
- Sedona Marathon: February The annual Sedona Marathon event features 5K, 10K, half and full marathon races, as well as 5K and 10K races for kids ages 12 and under.
- Sedona International Film Festival: February From shorts to documentaries, animation, foreign films and more, Sedona Film Festival is a nine-day arts and culture extravaganza, ranked among the top film festivals in the country.
- Mountain Bike Festival: March â€œShred the Red!â€ so they say at the annual three-day mountain bike event that includes a main expo, demos, a beer garden and more.
- Yoga Festival: March Open to all levels, channel inner peace and be part of the annual consciousness evolution conference held each March in Sedona.
- Sedona Wine Fest: September Swirl and sip your way around the area's wineries every September at the Sedona Historic Posse Grounds Park. Ticket sales begin in June.
- Sedona Arts Festival: October See amazing art by 125 artists from around the country at the annual arts festival every October.
- Sedona Plein Air Festival: October Derived from a French term meaning â€œIn the open airâ€, this week-long event highlights the Sedona landscape through the eyes of the country's top painters.